What is Information Security Management System (ISMS)
An ISMS is a systematic approach to managing sensitive company information so that it remains secure. It includes people, processes and IT systems by applying a risk management process.
It can help small, medium and large businesses in any sector keep information assets secure.
Why is ISMS important?
ISMS ensure that a business security risks are managed cost-effectively, adherence to the recognised standards. An ISMS is an invaluable for monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving a business information assets and will indisputably give partner businesses and customers higher confidence in the way they interact with your business.Â
How does ISMS help businesses?
Comply with legal requirements
- Helps you to meet all legislative requirements for your products and services.
- Ensures that you communicate all legal requirements to your employees and other stakeholders.
Achieve marketing advantageÂ & Improvement
- It requires you to constantly look for opportunities for improvement as well as assess risks for your business.
- It prevents security incidents from happening â€“ and every incident, large or small, costs money.
Better organisationÂ & Client Expectation
- Increases the quality control of information security processes and procedures and reduces the level of risk.
- ISMS helpÂ you to measure and increase internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Context of the Organisation
- Performance evaluation
- Credibility, trust and confidence of your customer
- Greater awareness of security
- Securing confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Prompt detection of data leakage and fast reaction
- Decrease costs and reduce risk
- Prevention of confidentiality breaches
- Provides a significant competitive advantage, and can effectively be a license to trade with companies in certain regulated sectors
- Compliance with legislation â€“ ISO 27001 Certification and meeting international benchmarks of security
Call us today to discuss how Anitech consulting can help your business with your ISO 27001 Information Security Management system goals.